What’s the plane look like that will be spraying pesticide over Dallas area cities?
1. A Beechcraft King Air twin-turbine aircraft that will be used to aerial-spray the pesticide DUET over Dallas, Mesquite, Richardson, Park Cities and Garland tonight starting around 10 p.m.
2. This is the attachment to the airplane that will disperse the pesticide.
3. Two 100-gallon tanks will be filled with DUET before the spraying. The tanks hold enough chemical for just under three hours of airtime during spraying.
(4. At a press conference today, Bryant Sivess, operations manager at Dallas Executive Airport, helps hold up a map of Dallas County that highlights the areas that are going to be sprayed.)
• Get updates to the constantly-unfolding Spray Gate here.
Filing this one under my “99 Reasons to Never Leave New York City” list.