Media, pop culture, news, trends, photos, rants + things we like.
Subscribe to Newsweek on the web.
A play-by-play of Harvard grad Jeremy Lin and Stanford grad Landry Fields’ new handshake:
- Two quick high fives on opposite hands.
- Landry Fields presents his hands to Jeremy Lin as though they are a book.
- Lin “pages” through the book.
- Fields closes the book.
- Both Lin and Fields put their hands to their eyes as though they are glasses.
- Both players “remove” their glasses and put them into an invisible shirt pocket.
To be a fly on the wall during basketball players’ handshake plenary sessions.
Player 1: “OK, so then I’ll put my hands like a book and you flip through them!”
Player 2: “Or what about an iPad?”
Player 1: “I dunno, I really like the look and feel of books. How you can just flip through them, y’know? Something about that…”
Player 2: “OK, fine. Do the book. But then I get to do the glasses thing.”