Hey guys! Want to join the team behind nwk tumblr? We’re hiring a social media intern and would love to recruit from our follower pool. Here’s the full listing. We promise this will be a fun, and educational, internship. (And it’s a paid position, based out of our offices in sunny New York City!)
Newsweek & The Daily Beast is looking for a dependable, self-motivated, and inquisitive social media intern to join its Audience Development department to assist with the gathering, sharing, and syndicating of our news. The ideal candidate will be up to date on the news cycle and state of online media and be excited to join a team that’s focused on growing the online readership of our media properties through old-school engagement and new-age media experimentation. We want an intern who knows a good meme when they see one, who knows the difference between a retweet and a reblog, a page-view and a visit, and who’s not afraid to tweet at @MCHammer to say sir, “U can’t touch this.”
- Assist with managing Newsweek & The Daily Beast’s Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr communities
- Assist with pitching stories to bloggers (early mornings included!)
- Manage department organizational spreadsheets
- Brainstorm new ways we can be engaging readers on the web
- Develop and execute an intern project utilizing social media
- Assist with moderating comments on the site
The ideal candidate will be:
- Experienced and comfortable with Facebook, Twitter, & Tumblr
- Proficient with Excel
- A news fanatic – Someone who actively follows all types of news on different media
- Generally aware of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Organized, driven, and passionate about the news
To apply, please provide some evidence that you “get” the web. That can be your blog, Tumblr, video, Twitter account, cat-focused Facebook group, or other internet hobby. We won’t judge you.
If you’d like, mention you saw the listing on nwk tumblr so we know to keep an eye out for your applications. OK, good luck! Apply here.